Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- The Fable in Holborn can accommodate up to 220 wedding guests for dinner in its largest restaurant and bar space on the ground floor
- Dance the night away in a dedicated nightclub on the top floor with a 2am late licence
- Exclusive venue hire is available on a minimum spend basis starting at 12 500 GBP including VAT during peak wedding season
- Modern British cuisine and handcrafted cocktails are The Fable’s speciality
- Chancery Lane tube station, Barbican Station and the City Thameslink can all be reached in under a 10-minute walk
- Several churches surround the area including the 12th century Temple Church,St. Bride’s Church and St. Bartholomew the Great, a parish church
Located on Holborn Hill and split over three floors, The Fable is a fashionable London venue ideal for couples planning to host their ceremony at another venue or in one of the many nearby churches. Sitting on one of the four grand pillars of the Holborn Viaduct, The Fable can be accessed from either the ground floor below the bridge or up on the third floor.
As with all Drake & Morgan venues in the City of London, chic wooden floors cover the ground level and high ceiling beams show off industrial piping. A lengthy bar clad in geometric wooden carvings and lined with hexagonal linoleum meets the wooden floor. Here, guests can sample a variety of local beers, ales and handcrafted cocktails. The ground level is spectacularly suited to seated dinners of up to 220 guests with its uninterrupted curving space and large, bright windows. Sunlight filters through the floor to ceiling glass panels and botanical foliage hangs in the mezzanine area above. Indoor plants grace every available surface, creating a green and airy space within the heart of London.
Up one flight of stairs, further seating and a polished concrete bar accompany one of The Fable’s many eccentricities. A cosy alcove created from hardcover books also envelopes a studded booth, which is a book lover’s dream for cute couple photographs on their wedding day. Around the corner and tucked in a black tiled, striped floor room, a freestanding clawfoot bathtub is thrown into the mix for further wild wedding picture opportunities.
Pages from storybooks cover the walls of the stairwell up to the third level where you and 300 wedding guests can live up to London’s nightlife reputation. Accessible through a private entrance and with an exclusive bar, the top floor of The Fable can be hired separately from the rest of the venue if required. Palm leaf wallpaper, geometric light clusters, smooth ceilings and a subtly elevated dance floor gives the third level a disco edge and is guaranteed to shift the mood from dinner to dancing on your wedding night.