Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- The Happenstance can host indoor wedding dinners for 130 guests or standing occasions for up to 350 guests
- The venue is licensed for intimate ceremonies in The Lounge for 80 guests
- Alfresco dining can take place on the front terrace for up to 80 guests and standing receptions can accommodate 150 guests
- Enjoy the celebrations all night long with their 12am licence, late extensions available
- The Happenstance is exclusively yours on a minimum spend basis of 12 500 GBP including VAT during peak season
- St. Paul’s tube station and the City Thameslink are under a 5-minute walk from the venue
- Modern British cuisine is paired with expertly crafted cocktails and a large variety of local beers and ales
The Happenstance by Drake & Morgan is a truly unique venue with terrific views of St. Paul’s Cathedral. Located beneath the London Stock Exchange in Paternoster Square, it hums with activity during the week. On weekends the square transforms into a tranquil hideaway, and the restaurant converts into a contemporary wedding destination for city-loving couples. Being so close to St. Paul’s Cathedral makes this wedding reception venue an easy choice for lucky couples marrying in the iconic landmark.
A towering column walkway leading up to The Happenstance complements the surrounding London architecture. The open-air terrace dotted with outdoor plants and colourful lounge furniture overlooks Paternoster Square and reminds you why cocktails in the summer taste so great. Up to 150 guests can enjoy a standing drinks reception on the terrace or 80 guests can dine with a spectacular view of St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Venture through to the main restaurant to be welcomed by speckled concrete floors and a curving wooden bar painted in a funky herringbone pattern. With subtle rustic features and soft lighting, The Happenstance is the perfect backdrop for a modern boho wedding. Use a mixture of their solid wood tables and playful round booths to seat up to 130 guests for dinner.
The Lounge next door is perfectly suited to your evening wedding party, and the low lighting and a second quirky patterned bar transforms the room into your own private nightclub. With an optional separate entrance and a wedding licence, the lounge can also accommodate wedding ceremonies of up to 80 or be hired independently from the main restaurant to host engagement parties and hen nights. Next door, a private dining room connected to the main restaurant doubles up as a useful bridal room, cloakroom or hangout area for children.
Due to its location, The Happenstance is a wedding photographer’s dream being surrounded by beautiful city buildings for urban couple photos. Skip around the corner to St. Paul’s Cathedral for dramatic wedding photos or pose in the picturesque Festival Gardens next to the cathedral, no permit required!
With such versatile spaces in and outdoors, striking views of St. Paul’s Cathedral and an agreeable modern interior, The Happenstance in Paternoster Square is a must-see wedding venue.